Finding farmer's wife story Kari posted

MinnKristen
Does anyone remember the story Kari posted a couple years back about a struggling farm couple? The wife had a traveller stop at her door who encouraged her to help her husband not by doing extra farm work but making their home a respite. Her husband was encouraged by her secret shift of focus and able to do his work more effectively. I remember one part where she had baked something nice and was able to serve it to the lender for their house and they instead of getting kicked out they were able to renegotiate. I'd really like to find the story again but no luck so far. Thanks!

Re: Finding farmer's wife story Kari posted

kdenker
Administrator
Hi Kristen,
That is one of my all time favorite short stories.  I have a link to it here: https://www.stonesoupforfive.com/2014/11/when-queens-ride-by-repost.html

I have it printed out and re-read it a couple times a year.